School of Managenment Studies (SOMS)
The University offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBASM)
Objective of IGNOU Courses BBASM Programme:
- The main objective of the programme is to inculcate knowledge, skills and attitude amongst the learners to meet the challenges of various dimensions of business and commerce.
- The programme focuses on the development of skills in the commerce domain areas and facilitates the employ ability as well as self-employ ability of the learners.
- The programme aims at providing commerce education to the large number of learners located at different parts of the country including the far-flung areas and selected abroad centres. Commerce education is provided to the masses as well as the disadvantagedandmarginal groups of the society.
- The multimedia and interactive teaching-learning system provides opportunity to acquire education at the door step, flexible time and space of the learner. Accessibility and flexibility are very important features of the programme which provide opportunity to large number of heterogeneous groups to acquire education through open and distance mode.
Salient Features of the Programme:
- Education, Experience & Earning at the same time.
- Practical experience in a company for 3 years while pursuing studies.
- Monthly stipend as indicated by the company
- 3 Years Degree Programme (2 semesters each year)
- The student will get a BBA degree from IGNOU & work experience certificate from the company on completion of the programme.
1.10+2 or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
2.Have attained at least 18 years of age and
3. Should Be working in the services industry as a full-time intern / Apprentice / Employee
Medium of Instruction: English
Number of Courses/ Credits
The Programme consists of 30 courses (132 credits) in all and includes:
Theory courses (18) from BSM-001 to BSM- 017 and BEVAE-181
Ability Enhancement courses (6) from BSMA-001 to BSMA-006
Work based courses (6) from BSMW-001 to BSMW-006